Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Project Wish List: Mid July Update

As summer quickly approaches the final weeks, it seems as my summer wish list will not get done as much as I had hoped. Z & I did do a lot, but selfishly, I wanted more to be completed. I was a bit frustrated by it, but truthfully - what is the rush? We will be in our house for years. 

So, what if it isn't all done until a weekend when I limit myself bringing home papers to grade? So, what if it waits until Fall Break, or Winter Break?! 

I am learning to be okay with it not all being done. I much rather take my time and get things done slowly. And, exactly how we want them. 

With this being said, this is what I did with the first full week of not having summer school. (Ah... Yes... That thing took up quite a bit of time, too. Surprisingly to me. I suppose I was an optimistic.) I went to Dallas. Here's just a few pics of my getaway. 











My trip was centered around shopping, fun, family, and food. I stuffed my suitcases silly with goodies from my trip. 

Tomorrow, a house project will commence though! The first coat of paint will be going up in the guest bedroom. With the bed being finished, I can't wait for it all to start coming together. 

Do you all have any projects or anything on a list that hasn't gotten done this summer? How do you prioritize your projects?

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment