Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pining for Pinterest

One of the most wonderfully frustrating things about the Midwest is the inconsistent weather. Going from one day of below zero wind chills to a day here and there of sixty degree weather. It was great getting outside in the nicer weather, yet it is nice to stay warm and cozy inside with sweet scents from candles glowing. 

When the weather is more frigid, though, nothing beats curling up on the couch with some bad TV shows and my iPad mini. One of my "go to" apps is Pinterest. (At this point, I can imagine the reactions to this statement. Either you are exclaiming your love of the site, voicing your hatred of the app, stating confusion, or declaring that you aren't getting addicted to it by joining. No worries, I hear ya!)

I have 547 pins on my Pinterest board dedicated to "Home" things. Needless to say, I should probably do some spring cleaning and organizing on the board, but, that is what it is at this moment. The next board has 735 pins, but that one is solely dedicated to teaching. Can you tell where my interests are located?! 

But, what do they do? They are placed nicely on my "Home" board. I eagerly share what I find with Z asking, "Can we do this?" and "Would this work in our house?" to which I decide if it is wishful thinking or never going to happen thinking. I did a quick scroll tonight. It's fun to go back and see what I pinned months ago. I looked specifically from my "Home" board for things that caught my eye. Here are some (not all!) of the things that have caught my eye and I feel like I can use for inspiration or ideas around our house. 

Love the easy chalk calendar! Perfect for an office.

Craft Room / Home Office dreams.

Wire to hang up photos.

Debating about doing something similar in our entrance hallway. Not sure. Thoughts? 

Love photo collages. 

Love this set up & the chalk board background. Maybe basement (someday)? I have a spot in mind...

Beautiful door. 

I love this table! Thinking this may be a good DIY?

Kitchen Dreams - Far wall of dining room. I can picture it now! 




What inspires you? Where do you get your inspirations? Hope that you are enjoying the weather that your area is dealing out to you wherever you may be! 

-E-

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I would love to have a huge chalk board in my room (or non-existent office)!

    ReplyDelete