Monday, April 22, 2013

Hidden Treasures

I must admit, that when we moved into our house, I was curious if we would stumble across anything left behind by the previous owner. Now, I wasn't anticipating any gold coins or large sums of money, but rather just any interesting artifacts of one's past. 

And, boy! Have we discovered some interesting pieces! Let's just say that the insulation in the floor of the attic is a graveyard of toys. I regret not taking pictures of everything we have found, like the 1986 adult magazines, but these will suffice. The deteriorating wedding napkins, camouflage beer cans, and "Jake" the dinosaur ornament didn't make the cut - this time. I anticipate more discoveries to come as we do more renovations!

From an air duct in our second living room. 

Discovered behind a wall in the basement.

I have to ask myself. If I moved out of my place, what would I have accidentally, or purposely, left behind? What would the new owners think? I tend to wonder what stories the new residents of our apartment will create about us. Have you found any treasures in your homes?

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment