Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rainy Day Project

Today is a rainy day, which I thought would be the perfect day to work on an inside project!

When we lived in Chicago, our first apartment had a spacious second bedroom that was used as our guest room. Being a budget savvy decorator, I quickly found myself at the local IKEA, particularly the "as is" section. Sometimes there are amazing finds that just need some love, or, no love at all! 

I stumbled upon an impassable deal when I went. I came across an entire bed set - frame, slats, and mattress for $49! Needless to say, I snatched up this deal! This bed set has traveled from city to city to our house now. 

As I continue to work on our guest room at our house this summer, I thought now would be a great time to spruce up the IKEA bed. While I won't share the finished product yet, I wanted to give you all a quick preview! 

I'll share the finished project later this summer when the guest bedroom is complete. 

The bed awaiting to be painted.

Paint choice - Valspar's Woodlawn Lace (A *freebie* thanks to Lowes & Valspar)


Is there anything you all have redone or spruced up at your homes? 

- E

No comments:

Post a Comment