Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Summer Dreaming

This past week, we took a few days off from the house. Now, don't get my wrong - I love working on our house and watching it come together - but, it is still nice to walk away for a few days to recharge and brainstorm ideas. Instead of house DIYs, we celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary in Las Vegas! It was exciting, relaxing, and well warranted. But now we are back to reality!

The reality of things is that I am quickly approaching summer break. Although I'll be teaching during the month of June, I have begun to think of a list of things that I want to accomplish during the summer. I figured this was the best time to try to cross things out on the list.

Here's a few of the things I want to accomplish this summer:


Finish smoothing and painting the entry hallway. We tried out "Seal Gray" a color we had used in Chicago, and loved it! We need to take the time to smooth the walls, repair, and paint. 


Finish unpacking the guest bedroom and office. Paint both rooms. Paint furniture for guest bedroom (I have the color scheme in mind!) and possibly paint closet. 

Pick color for Master Bedroom walls and paint. Possibly new trim???

Decide on color for formal living room. Possibly new trim here, too??? Look at furniture and start getting ideas for this room. (I have ideas, but need to look into it more...)

Finish painting "second living room", clean chimney, repair shelves.


And the list continues! This is just an interior glimpse as to what I have in mind. Who knows how much I will get to this summer! What do you have planned for this summer? Any DIY projects?

The next one up for us, besides painting, will be curtains! Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment